7 June 2017

Pink Wonky Cross Top Completed

The pink quilt of pinkness is up to the top being done stage. We have a long weekend coming up in a couple of days. So my plan is to buy wadding tomorrow at lunch time. Wash and iron Friday and then baste and start sewing on Saturday. I'm pretty confident I have have it done by Sunday. I will sloth on Monday. Happy Birthday Lizzie!!

23 May 2017

Pink Wonky Cross Layout Done

I was able to cut out some more background squares and layout the quilt again. Rows are now together and it's just a matter of sewing them up. I've also cut out a heap of pink and beige 2 1/2" triangles for leaders and enders, so I don't get them out of order.

18 May 2017

Paying the Price for Winging It

So I was able to go to a Guild meeting and use the space to layout the pink wonky cross quilt. However, due to winging it, I ran out of background squares. Not a huge deal, I got most of it worked out. But I will need to lay them out again at the next meeting to finish the last couple of rows.

12 May 2017

Wonky Pink Cross Quilt Squaring Up

The blocks make up REALLY quickly. Cut at an angle. Sew in dark strip. Iron. Cut and insert again at right angles. Iron. Now I need to trim them all back to 5" squares. Since there aren't any seams to line up, I can trim several at a time.

8 May 2017

Viking Tree Coat

For something a little different. We had a very Viking feel to our Tocal Tourney this year. I decided to join the fun and made my first viking outfit. I wanted to do a coat and I decided 100% accuracy was not necessary. I wanted something with a little wow factor. After looking at designs, I decided on something one of our local artists had come up with a for a banner design (used with their permission).

It's applique wool on wool. I decided to pick out some of the details with embroidery as the applique would've been too hard and less hardwearing. I'm going to do something for the front. Made with all op-shop fabric. Whole coat cost about $10.

6 May 2017

Pink Quilt of Pinkness

I realised the other day that I don't have a pink quilt. I have one that has a bit of pink in it, but not all pink.

I saw this great pink quilt, which included a tutorial and even though I'm trying to work my way through  my WIP pile, I started to make it. It will be a great chance to use up some ugly pinks that I've acquired over the years. Here are the two piles, 5" squares of light and medium pinks and 1.5" strips of dark pink.

16 September 2016

Repost - Video - How to Install a Slide Clasp on a Purse

My apologies to those who've seen this post before. However, Blogger messed with the original and the video (the whole point of the post) was deleted. So I am reposting the article. 

I know when I was trying to work it out, it was a bit tricky installing (?) the slide clasp on the purse. I went looking and there was no YouTube video? The horror. So I  made one. It's my first go, so be kind. I hope it helps.

12 September 2016

Japanese Yarn Dyed Boro Pin Cushion

Another kit, this time from Indigo Niche. Took no time at all to work up. I did this one with the white thread supplied. Might make another one using the verigated thread so it matches everything else.

8 September 2016

Japanese Yarn Dyed Panelled Pouch

Another one from the recent past. I fell in love with this pouch the moment I saw it at the BeBe Bold stand at the Sydney Craft Show a few years back. It took me a couple more shows before I weakened and bought the pattern and a kit of fabric to make it. It then took another couple of years for me to get around to finally making it. It was alot easier to make than I thought it would be. Actually a very easy pattern.

I even lined up the cat heads!!

5 September 2016

Japanese Yarn Dye Binding Kit

I'm usually not one for making sewing accessories. I find the sewing too fiddly and if it doesn't look perfect I get annoyed. But I really liked the look of a little binding kit that did the rounds a while back. I finally got around to making it about two months ago and I'm pretty happy with how it turned out.

The tutorial for the Goody Goody Binding Kit over at Lella Boutique is very easy to follow and very easy to make.

I used some hexies I already had to add a bit of decoration to the front panel.

There are three sections, a zippered section to hold binding clips, a central section with thread and scissor holder and a third with a pocket (made with some more hexies).